Finally at my local Michaels!

Took them a few months but my local Michaels finally has proof grade material!

Edit: I would highly recommend if you are going to get from Michaels that you look over the selection as there are a lot of boards that are severely warped.

25 Likes

Boy, you are not kidding, the warpage on those are comical :laughing: But the prices for 1/8" PG ply look great!

8 Likes

I live in flyover country so we’ll probably never see any of it here.

9 Likes

Oh yeah it was warp city on some!

4 Likes

It finally made it to one Michael’s in my area too. I love the prices and even though it is a 30 minute ride, I love the ability to go get some Proofgrade material and not wait for delivery.

6 Likes

I ended up picking up some red acrylic to mess around with, not sure what the job is gonna be just yet but it will be interesting!

5 Likes

Great price, but absolutely the worst way to store them.

5 Likes

Now I want to check our Michaels store. Thanks for the heads up.

2 Likes

You can check online and it’ll tell you if your store has it - which is nice :slight_smile: My closest one doesn’t but the one about 45 minutes away does :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’m not surprised it’s warped, standing it on its sides like that instead of flat. Surely they know better??

2 Likes

HA! That’s funny :joy::rofl: the employees don’t know what 90% of their products are for!

3 Likes

I was thinking of you and Michael’s the other day and was going to ask if any materials appeared in the area.

1 Like

Our local store has PG stuff now too.

3 Likes

Just did a search and although PG is not stocked at my closest Michaels, there is one a few miles away that I could drive to that does stock it. I might check them out after the holidays, or I would if I needed anything. It’s good to know it’s that close.

So PG is making its way even to flyover country!

6 Likes

I have to drive 30 minutes to one of two locations for a Michaels, so I totally understand the wanting to wait!

2 Likes

Ha! Have to drive 35 minutes to get a loaf of bread.

7 Likes

There are 9 Michaels stores within 20 miles of me and only 2 have any. One has limited stock, but one of the furthest looks like it may have decent stock. Not sure I’d drive over that way for it unless it was an emergency, though.

4 Likes

Yes, but most of us would opt for that given the lack of an HOA, the view, and the elbow room you enjoy.

5 Likes

:smiley: That would have been us up until a couple of years ago. We live in a small town, still have sheep farms (not so long ago the largest in the state), dairy farms (with homemade ice cream stands), lots of trees and bears. Many bears.

But as we contemplate retirement and aging in place (the new house was designed to be our last one with full provisions for disabled living if that’s what it comes to) we’re not so much interested in being too far from people, doctors, shopping, etc. So we’re building in a gated community which provides security and other people who share our interests so we aren’t driving for miles to go hang out with friends. A beer or dinner can be in town but if we just want to stick closer to home, the clubhouse has the facilities. 20 restaurants, 4 grocery stores and 5 micro-breweries are only 10 minutes away in town.

We’re going to be closer to a hospital than we are now and no further from a major medical center. A bit further from the airport but we don’t fly everyday so that’s okay. We are going to be in the mountains and our house will be on a lake so we can sit on our dock or float around on a boat. If we want to feel like there’s no one around for miles we’ve got a national forest, a state forest and a national park all within a 15 minute drive. But day to day we’ll have people around who will wonder if we don’t pop our heads out for a day or two.

I never would have thought we’d make this change, but we’re ready. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

We have to drive 60-90 minutes to get to our closest Michaels. And it takes me 25 minutes just to get to our closest town. So glad I get to stay home and play now. And now when we go to “the big cities” it’s an adventure!

4 Likes