Finished the nesting boxes

It started with a single box. . .

Then there were two. . .

And, finally, three!

They all have portions of “The Night Before Christmas” printed on their lids. The smallest box opens to complete the poem:

They stack nicely too! I added handles to the smaller two boxes to allow for easy removal. Lots of tiny errors on this set, but the next batch will be much better. This whole box making gig is quite the learning experience!

Wrapping that twine was a pain in the—

Hope you all like!

Scott Daniel

41 Likes

Awesome results! Look like they were worth the effort involved!

2 Likes

Thanks! I am glad I went with the twine. Completes the rustic look I was going for.

5 Likes

The twine is a very interesting concept, Is it decorative or is it structural? As structural it is a considerable rabbit hole with the learning of many societies that used it in making boats among other things. great strength and flexibility but a maintenance issue for which that is a deep side tunnel that can be another rabbit hole .

2 Likes

Those turned out really nice. Thanks for sharing your learning experiences with us.

3 Likes

Definitely more for decoration, but it serves its purpose as well.

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Very nice project.

3 Likes

Nailed it. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Wonderful and in keeping with the theme!

2 Likes

Very nice job! I saw these in progress and it’s great to see the completed project. Very cute to do the poem in sections on the lid. A real keepsake for sure!

2 Likes

This is just wonderful and anyone who gets one will be very happy.

2 Likes

Love them!

1 Like