Fire Emoji Pendant for Oregon fire relief charity drive

2 Pack

My sister and I have had a lot of fun learning to use our new Glowforge, and trying to decide on our first project. Then the whole West Coast caught on fire, and the answer seemed a bit obvious to us. We spent a couple of days designing testing and refining these two designs, and now we’re up and running selling them to raise funds for the local branch of the United Way.

The Fire Emoji is made of PG Cherry Plywood, the Regrowth Pendant is PG Basswood Plywood. The hardest part was getting the mountain to show up well enough inside the acorn. We’ve also been careful to watch the external vent for our GF, and wet the ground around it to ensure we don’t start any accidental brush fires. So far, no sign of trouble, but it’s better to be safe than sorry.

Already the project is getting some attention, and we’re super happy with how easy the GF made this design process. We went from basic idea to fully launched products and page in 4 days, in spite of all the smoke in the air.

29 Likes

I’m in Oregon (West Linn) where breathing outdoors is like chain-smoking Camel straights…I think the acorn one is particularly beautiful… thank you for doing this.

4 Likes

Thanks, gooddog. We’re in Salem, and we’ve only been getting by with heavy use of air filters. It really doesn’t feel good on the lungs. I hope the rains next week help clear the air a bit at least. Stay safe out there!

4 Likes

Yes, fingers crossed for rain and clearing breezes after…I hope you will be safe too…

2 Likes

Nice work for a great cause. Welcome to the community! :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Silverton here. Just came home today from 5 days at the fairgrounds in Salem. We went back to a level 1 here this afternoon. Yay!

5 Likes

Yipes! I have been watching from Florida as Sally just wandered past. Wishing we could send all our excess rain there,

3 Likes

You are home now? That’s great! I’m hoping my friends (east of) Eugene/Springfield get to go home soon.

3 Likes

Nice designs; and thank you for helping. Welcome to the community!

3 Likes

Great first post - keep up the good work!

2 Likes