Fire Hazard of Acrylic

A different air assist system, but a good example of why most fires involve acrylic.

16 Likes

Yeah that looks like really insufficient airflow. In order for vapors to ignite you need a fair concentration, if you have enough airflow it shouldn’t have enough fuel to catch fire.

2 Likes

Here’s a slo-mo video on the Trotec. This is cutting too slow, but gets a really nice polished edge also. This is with 850+CFm pulling from underneath.

9 Likes

That thing has some serious airflow.

It has two exhaust ports - one below the bed (suction) and one for above the bed. I have a 1.5 horsepower hooked up to each port, rated at 850cfm each. The bottom is always full on, but the top has dampers that I can control the air flow with. This is more useful if you just have one fan with a y-adapter, but also useful for some materials where it’s more beneficial to pull the fumes down and through the material.

2 Likes

Nice to have that configurability!
How’s the puzzle effort going? It occurs to me that with the pandemic and lock-down the need for a time suck would serve you well.

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.