Firefighter Love

To honor my hubby who is a retired firefighter/paramedic (nearly 30 years) and essentially all firefighters, I created two new slate pieces.

I think slate is my favorite of all the things I’m doing on the GF.

Oh, by the way, we named the GF: George leForge. LOL

25 Likes

Woah, those are great! :grinning:

3 Likes

Thank you!

They are wonderful. One of our grandsons just graduated from firefighter academy and we’re very proud of him.

3 Likes

Congratulations to him (and you!) and thank him for choosing this path! If he ever wants career advice, my husband now works for the National Fire Academy / US Fire Service / FEMA so he can probably answer all of yur grandson’s questions. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I really like how you placed the slate next to that also gorgeous hydrant!!! Nice touch!!! Flames are cool too!!!

4 Likes

Thanks! We also have a Fire Chief door bell… My husband was also the Training Chief for a while. His Harley is tricked out in Firefighter stuff. I always know what to get him for Christmas and birthdays, anything with firefighters…

3 Likes

Nice! Slate is particularly suited for outdoors. I did a bunch of garden signage with it.

3 Likes

Nice looking pieces. I will have to get some slate.

3 Likes

From one (former) Denver-Metro-ite to another, thanks! How does it hold up under the Mile High sun?

1 Like

No love for us ambulance drivers? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Those turned out really nice.

1 Like

Just fine so far. I can’t say I have ever seen slate bleached by UV, lightened maybe, but I expect your sign will be easily legible for many decades.

2 Likes

Very nicely done! I’m in awe of those choosing careers such as firefighters … They deserve recognition.

2 Likes