Firefox and artwork disappearing

In the last few weeks I’ve had several occasions where my artwork disappears as I’m manipulating it or zooming in. A few times the entire image (artwork and material) disappears and I just have a white background. (Last time it occurred was at 22:37 hrs tonight.) I know there has been similar issues with Safari, but my Firefox has been rock solid up to now.

I am able to work around the issue and don’t really need assistance with my particular unit, this is just an FYI for support as I’m going to assume I’m not the only one experiencing the issue.

2 Likes

Zooming is known to have problems in both Safari and Firefox. (Although it’s recently gotten somewhat better in both.) At this point Chrome still works best for the Glowforge.

I’ve had this happen more than I would like so I ended up switching to Chrome just for the GF app.

I did report this to support already but have not heard back anything.

I’ve had the opposite experience. I’ve had my GF for several months and up until a few weeks ago, this had never happened before while using Firefox. It’s gotten worse for me.

I haven’t switched my default browser from Safari, but like @jetzel, use Chrome exclusively for the GF app. It’s set up that way as an alias in my dock and takes me directly to the app.

51 AM

4 Likes

Yeah, that looks like how i will do it.

Firefox (no Java and modded) is my ‘secure’ browser
Chrome (vanilla) is my ‘non-secure’ browser and it will be where i run the 'forge

4 Likes

Thanks for letting us know. I’m so sorry your ran into trouble and I’m looking into it.

1 Like

I have re-tested in Firefox and it seems to be working for me now. I will keep testing it though.

1 Like

I’m glad to hear that! I’m going to close this thread - if the problem reoccurs, go ahead and post a new topic. Thanks for letting us know about this!