Firefox locking up during "Preparing" phase

I’ve always been using firefox for the app. It was using a lot of cpu during the print but closing the “printing” popup solved the problem. Today I tried to cut something, but the “preparing” popup (right after pushing the print button in the UI) is using so much cpu and locks firefox completely (firefox 62.0) and I had to kill it. I tried twice and it happened each time. I downloaded chrome to try it and it worked fine. Is the app tested on Firefox? Why is it doing that? It seems to get worse with each upgrade (since we can save custom settings.) Can the GF devs test Firefox more thoroughly and fix the app for my preferred browser?

Sometimes even on Chrome you need to clear the cache and be sure Browser is up to date.

I use Firefox, Chrome and Chromium, depending on the computer. I’ve never had this happen on Firefox and it is my primary, but after 6-12 prints using Chromium it freezes everything, not just the browser (and CPU usage is pretty flat.)

Thanks for letting us know about this. I’m sorry about the trouble. In order to investigate your report, I’ll need a bit more information.

The next time you encounter this issue, could you please do the following?

1. Keeping your browser and the Glowforge tab open, launch the Performance tab
    . Press Shift + F5 or
    . Click the wrench on the Firefox Menu/Tools menu -> Select Performance from the menu
  2. Click the stopwatch icon from the menu to record
  3. Wait a few seconds
  4. Press the stopwatch icon again to stop
  5. On the left side-panel ( Recordings pane) click the Save link on the recording that was just created
  6. Attach this file to your reply or email them to us at support@glowforge.com

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.