First 3D Engrave. First box test

Wow! How long did the lid engrave take?

1 Like

The engrave for the top took about 2 hrs. I set it for 2 passes to increase depth. It looked pretty good after 1 pass, but the second really made it pop!

1 Like

I swear, my heart skipped a beat looking at this project. Lovely work! I canā€™t wait to see what else you make. Please share.

1 Like

Thank you for the kind words. I plan on sharing quite a bit of my work here, so keep an eye out! I love this community!

2 Likes

I bought the feet at Michaelā€™s.

Me too!!

Thanks!
(I try to wear blinders when I go there to stay focused on what I need, else Iā€™d be in there for the whole day)

They have an App. Particularly the thin woods are more available online than in the store.

1 Like

Ohhhh, one more reason to not leave the house & interrupt forging or napping time!

1 Like

I was wanting wider pieces of thin basswood and the store had one piece of 6" and could not reorder it, but the App had 8" at that time though Ocoouch had it cheaper plus more species available and up to 12" wide I would avoid both Ash and Mahogany however as both easliy become just ash.

2 Likes

Top shelf man :sunglasses: Enjoy the adventure!

1 Like

Too kind. Thank you!

1 Like

Love itā€¦ did you make your depth map fileā€¦ or find it on the web?

Iā€™d love to be able to do this.

1 Like

I found the design on google. Give it a try!

Super ā€¦ what were you search wordsā€¦ it could save me a day or two. Lol!

Denise Trahan

1 Like

Depth map images. You will get some topographical images in the search as well, but you will see a whole bunch of useful maps. Make sure you filter for labeled for reuse if you plan on making money off of them.

1 Like

Beautiful work.

1 Like

Thank you!

Thanks so much!!

Denise Trahan