First Cut Frustration- Failed to Cut

Here is a pic of the front and back of the latest cut. The original GOGM didn’t cut at all, inside or out.

However, this one did have the insides cut out.

Okay hang on…this is going to take me some time to pull together…

Can you pull a screen shot of your settings?

First one - Pull up the Gift of Good Measure file (the inch one) - just shoot the original screen like it sits but be sure to capture the Thumbnail column in the shot.

Then open up the Settings panel for the Proofgrade so I can see what it shows.

Actually though, if you were able to cut the circles and not the GOGM file, it indicates that there might be something wrong with the file itself. After you take that screen shot, I’m going to suggest that you reset the file, and then take another one. But capture the first screen shot before you try to reset it.

2 Likes

elfguy, at only 100% power, only the last 2 circles cut through (150 & 140)

OK, same as mine - but mine cut the GOGM without issue.

It appears to me this is NOT a machine issue, but a software/processing issue.

Okay gang, she’s out of posts for the day…new user. I’m going to try to help her to reset the file on Private Message if she hasn’t done that yet…I think it’s the file too.

@amykaway , if you click on your avatar in the upper righthand corner of the screen, then click on Messages, you can access the Private Messages and see my latest response.

It looked to me like the Scores and the Engraves were executed but the Cuts were set to Ignore.

1 Like

I was able to successfully engrave and cut the Party Plane Invite today, although the flashback still seems pretty intense, so I am thinking it must have been just that file.
I’ll have to leave off it until early next week because of other things going on here, but I did want to ask- is the laser tube supposed to look like there is a little fire in the far left side of it and shooting through it? I took a video of it but am not sure I can upload it here.

Did you ever see the old Frankenstein movies where there was a little plasma lightning display? It looks like that. Should be kind of purplish. :smile:

If you want to try to reset the Gift of Good Measure…the instructions are here for how to do it.

Resetting the Glowforge files

2 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear about the trouble with cut through. Unfortunately, after reviewing the logs from these prints it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending we replace this one. I’ve reached out via email to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news.