Ok, it’s taken quite a while since I received Glowman Mars. And, as I’ve been away with work all week every week … I haven’t posted first projects. There’s also the fact that I was totally unprepared (despite the long wait lol) and had no projects ready to print.
Here’s a few projects then! All (apart from one) feature 6 mm (~1/4") birch ply (non-) layered up and with sanded edges to reveal those layers!
This first project might be a product for my forthcoming side venture: a business aimed at making products with sustainability at their core. This is a little workshop brush which used up some artificial grass samples which would otherwise have gone to the tip:
I obviously realised that I was going to be doing a lot of sanding. My multitool was taking too much off those edges at times, so I needed more control. I’ve always hated sanding blocks as I never find them comfortable. It took me a few iterations get the design for this next one but it works great! I figured my Dad might want one too and made him one with his initials on the release screw:
My wife Gabbi always hated how stark our living room light is as it has no diffuser. We went for an abstract pattern as an embellishment:
Finally, the curtains in our bedroom hang on a rail which is suspended inside an alcove (don’t ask why, it’s a LONG story!). We need to be able to take them down if we want to open the balcony doors in summer. These new rail hangers stop the extendable rail from getting knocked and falling off a simple shelf-like hanger. I added 3 mm steel dots as an embellishment… shame the curtains hide them most of the time!
That’s it for now. I’m loving using the sanding block. I think I’m going to be building a few more lasercut, layered up, tools for the 'shop as they’re so gratifying to use when you know you made them yourself.