First “paying” project

Put it quotes because I’m technically a very minor owner in the company, but I will get some remuneration.

These are PR boxes. They will come with a small bottle of mezcal, a shot glass, and a booklet. They wanted the raw, unfinished look that I had with the mock-up, so we stuck with unfinished (beyond a very light sanding) of Baltic birch.

60 Likes

Excellent.

If you need to test by sending one to FL… just saying :slight_smile:

10 Likes

we’re not in florida yet.

2 Likes

But. I’ve got a terrible thirst :slight_smile:

Looking forward to the day then!

1 Like

Nice! Clean lines. Nice package. Makes me thirsty.

3 Likes

How cool is that? What a combination of contents! In a custom box! What a presentation :+1:

4 Likes

Nice clean look.

2 Likes

You could have them coast to coast Coco to Tampa :grin: :pleading_face: :grin: :pleading_face: :grin: :partying_face:

1 Like

and key west to jacksonville.

2 Likes

Is there folk in the forum in Key West or Jax?

I think southern Ohio needs at least one of these boxes sent down…just sayin’

1 Like

not sure where ohio is on our list to move into.

right now we’re in VA, MD, DC, CA, MA, VT, ME.

the liquor laws in this country are whack. they vary so radically state to state (and sometimes county to county). and the distribution systems as well. it’s a serious PITA to navigate getting into new states.

6 Likes

Nice project! May this be the first of many money makers for you.

3 Likes

California you say… How would one get oneself on the shortlist? :slight_smile:

to actually get a package like this? you have to write for a magazine like Bon Appetite… :slight_smile:

to get a bottle (or a drink in a bar), we’re in SoCAL now (distributor based out of San Diego).

1 Like

Damn - wrong career track :stuck_out_tongue:

but I have friends heading to SoCal for a hockey tournament next month. I’ll see if they can hit a liquor store and pick some up!

3 Likes

my partner Henry is on vaca this week, but I’ll try to remember to ask him when he gets back where they can pick some up. He should have a list.

2 Likes

I was studying at Penland School n North Carolina and there are a number of dry counties there where even the empty box with bottle and glass (no Alcohol) could get you arrested. We were at a nature park, where seeing 100ft was unlikely swimming at a creek there and some woman caught sight of a can of soda and reported us to the authorities.

There was some county ranger that looked like a walking mummy of himself 2/3 of the size he would be with his skin filled out, had the most memorable line that the woman had the inalienable right to go through her life and never see a beer can!

4 Likes

Im in VA id love to sample =)

when i was stationed at goodfellow AFB in texas, green county (where the base was) was a dry county. but there were drive through liquor stores right across the county line and it was legal to drive in green county with an open container. so you couldn’t buy liquor, but you could drive 10 feet across the county line, buy a bottle of jack daniels, then drive through green county chugging straight from the bottle (as long as, of course, you weren’t drunk yet).

2 Likes