First Post Here

I’ve had my GF since April, but this is my first time posting in the community. I just wanted to hop on and say a big THANK YOU to those that share what you’re making, your free designs, the settings you used, and other input. It helped me learn SO MUCH! I will forever be grateful for this community! These are just a few items I’ve made in the last few months…

This was the first project I did on my own. It’s a 4-layer ornament. Each print I do is a learning experience, but this one was a BIG learning experience for me!

In June my parents celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary so I made them a sign to hang in their home

I love perpetual calendars, but wanted to make something different from the crescent moon shape so I started with animals. I have plans to do more designs like these!

Lastly, I love hiking and wanted to make another layered ornament in that theme and I’m really happy with how this one turned out!

There’s a lot more, but I mostly wanted to get on here and say thank you to everyone that posts. You’re a HUGE help to those of us just getting started!! :heart:

64 Likes

I’m not sure why it flipped most of my images! :frowning:

Love the frog calendar! (Even sideways…they often hang out like that.) :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

7 Likes

Welcome.

I love the hiking ornament and your choice of woods for all of the projects. I agree that the forum is a great source of knowledge and support. I hope you will add more photos of your projects as you make them.

8 Likes

wow!
may have been your first post, but you are a ol’ pro at the glowforge,

These are Fantastic!!

4 Likes

The negative space on the sign is clever and different.

5 Likes

WOW…love everything! The hiking ornament is beautiful! Great job! Can’t wait to see more your work!

7 Likes

Whoo I managed to fix the images!! :raised_hands:

1 Like

Thank you so much! We have tons of frogs around our house and the kids and I enjoy finding them, catching/holding them, and identifying them! (And thankfullly I managed to get the images to straighten out!)

1 Like

@dklgood @Deleted @designvh619 Thank you so much! I defintely plan to post more designs in the future! :slight_smile:

@evansd2 A friend found a similar design and it inspired me to make that one. I’m really happy with how it turned out and my parents love it!

1 Like

You do beautiful work!

4 Likes

Wow, great stuff! And very kind of you to share them and show your appreciation for the folks who inspired you along the way. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

I like the two tones on the frog calendar. Is that two type of wood or two levels of engrave?

4 Likes

This work is beautiful! This just goes to show there is a lot of support in the GF community! Keep us posted on your other great works!

5 Likes

Welcome. These are all wonderful pieces.

4 Likes

Thank you! I used two different power settings for the engrave. :slight_smile:

Your projects just blow me away! You have got to be a graphic designer, the quality of the design is really special.

And I would like to thank YOU for actually reading all that forum stuff! I wish more folks would do that.

6 Likes

These are all beautiful!! I, also, love love the hiking ornament!!

2 Likes

These are all gorgeous pieces, love them! Well done and welcome!

3 Likes

Your work is fantastic. I like the negative space on the sign too. And I truly love the frog calendar!

3 Likes