First print, GoGM Printed in wrong location

My first print, the Gift of Good Measure, printed in the wrong location. The image attached shows this. The location of the design is shown where I dragged it, but it printed a little higher. Not sure why it’s offset like this.

Edit: for log purposes, this was around 4:32.

You should keep in mind that your zero position is upper left, and you should push your material down and to the right to get the most use of it.

The first thing to do is run the camera calibration. If that doesn’t resolve it you will need to wait for support.

1 Like

I rebooted the machine and let the app do it’s redetection thing for a second print and it was much better, though still off by a about 1mm. Is that normal?

Yes, 1 mm at the edges where you have it is normal; if you would like better alignment you will need to do the camera calibration.

2 Likes

Thanks, at least it’s normal. I can live with it. Just want to make sure a new machine is working as intended.

I’m sorry your first print didn’t turn out the way you expected, @jalakleatherworks! It sounds like you got it figured out and @ben1 is correct, your Glowforge is operating as expected. I am going to close this thread. If you have any other questions please feel free to start a new thread or email us at support@glowforge.com.