First prints: zebra and cathedral window

I’m enjoying experimenting with printer paper while I learn to use my GF because it is cheap and I have a ton of it. After 18 months of drawing design files to use in my GF, I can finally test them out!

Here are a couple I made tonight. The zebra is inverted (black/white) because I designed it to be cut from black paper with a white backing. The window is from the Orleans cathedral in Orleans, France. These designs will eventually be multi-layered multi-colored pieces made from art paper.

24lb printer paper 500/36/0.01

62 Likes

Very nice!

2 Likes

Awesome! Hard to pick a favorite! :grinning:

2 Likes

Oh man that zebra is great.

3 Likes

Love the window.

2 Likes

Is that plain old paper you used? Great idea

1 Like

Great job. How did you keep the cut pieces from blowing around and interfering with the rest of the cut?

1 Like

Wow. So crisp and effective. Love them.

2 Likes

Outstanding!

2 Likes

Yep! Just regular printer paper. It’s great to test my cut files with because I’m not ‘wasting’ more expensive materials.

I didn’t, it was just luck (a couple spots didn’t cut all the way through because a little scrap was in the way). I’m going to make a sticky mat (like @Jules describes) as soon as I decide to make it from a flat piece of wood, acrylic, or maybe a large glazed tile.

How do we add tags for “copy paper settings” so we can find this later?

I tried adding “printer paper” as a tag when I posted this, but it wouldn’t let me because that specific tag wasn’t already on the list of tags.

Both are lovely designs!

1 Like

Hy Brycelives

Please is possible explication about
500/36/0.01 ???
Thank You
Hernan

Affectionately referred to as zoom and pews, it’s speed/power/thickness.

1 Like

Yes, like wesleyjames said it it speed/power/thickness. Although I found that 500 speed is way too fast for paper. Now I cut all my paper projects at 200 speed and adjust the power until it gives a clean cut through whichever paper I am using.

1 Like

Thank you for your response

Unfortunately I am quite new with the system
and please if you tell me how and where to find these elements : speed/power/thickness for to make the respective variations.

Thank You
Hernan

There is a discussion of how to set Manual settings in the Glowforge tutorials.

Thank you for your response

Unfortunately I am quite new with the system

and please if you tell me how and where to find these elements : speed/power/thickness

for to make the respective variations.

Thank You

Hernan