First project, inkscape hand drawing

My computer skills are from the 90 so this taken me some time. But i got a square cut and trace drawing engraved. Took all weekend. But feel like I may get this. More read and learn.

26 Likes

You will absolutely be able to “get this”. Keep learning, keep trying, keep forging.

5 Likes

If you have some sort of scanner or even a phone photo that you can clean up in Gimp and bring that into Inkscape; then Inkscape can trace the photo for you or you can then engrave the photo.

Inkscape does not do image editing very well but Gimp is a very strong image editor and also open source so also free and a good companion to Inkscape, that you can even open the image directly in Inkscape.

5 Likes

Looks spectacular! I can’t do drawing to save my life. Well done! :sunglasses::+1:

3 Likes

I can’t even draw flies.

7 Likes

Great job! It’s thrilling every time you finish a project!

3 Likes

Yep, you’re well on your way!

My computer skills are low too. It’s taken awhile for me. Worked step by step through lots of you tube tutorials. I’ve had my glowforge for over a year and I just made something I’m thinking I may be able to sell. So don’t feel alone and keep at it.

2 Likes

Flies are hard. So small and detailed.
I had been going a bit crazy seeing all those cool even spirals and vines that I had no chance of making by hand. Then I discovered that Inkscape has some amazing tools for even beautiful curves that have only passing acquaintance to the lines I drew that I can move points about but the even slopes remain active.
dblxt_polyswir2l|20x10-10

6 Likes