First pumpkin this year

So the building management at my office has a pumpkin contest every year. I decided to make one this year. But I didn’t get the pumpkin from them til yesterday (they provide the pumpkin and someone else picked one up for me while I was at Adobe max). And I thought the contest was tomorrow. Realized last night about ten pm that it was today. So I scrambled to make this in a couple of hours last night (along with some marker coloring during conference calls this morning).

So I didn’t do what I would have done if it was tomorrow instead of today, which is spray paint it black first. I may redo it for myself with black paint (and make the smile bigger). And probably color it in more neatly since I won’t be rushing.

32 Likes

Oh, and I’ll flip the tail so it can look like it’s coming from the back. sigh

9 Likes

It makes me smile, so thank you for that.

10 Likes

I love this

9 Likes

picked up a new (nicer) pumpkin at Lidl today on my way home from PT. gonna start by spraypainting it black (or maybe dark purple if i have a can). then make a bigger grin and see where it goes.

6 Likes

I think this looks pretty great!

5 Likes

Can’t wait to see the new pumpkin. I love the tail on the “cat”. For a few hours work, that’s pretty good!

3 Likes

Fun

3 Likes

Really great for a short turn around!

3 Likes

I recognize the Cheshire cat when I see it. Good choice.
‘I’m not crazy - My reality is just different from yours’.

3 Likes

ok, redone with black paint first. makes the smile way better lit up in the dark.

10 Likes

Huzzah!

2 Likes

Love it!

2 Likes

Basement Cat, if ever there was one.

1 Like