First Santa Shop a success!

For the last 2-3 weeks I’ve been preparing for a craft show at my kids school. One of the reasons I got a :glowforge: was for the purpose of hopefully making a little money off my hobby for a change. :slight_smile:

The kids in elementary school have about 30-40 minutes to shop and each class rotates through, and you’re only allowed to sell things up to $5 during the day. At the end of the day, you are allowed to sell a few higher priced items as well. This was my first craft show. Never pictured myself doing one, but it was actually a lot of fun. I was the only one of probably 20 vendors selling that had anything laser engraved there, so my stuff was a lot different. I sold a lot of “dad keychains”, earrings, bookmarks, and some engraved hammers. At the end of the show, I had to leave, but my Mother-in-Law manned the booth and managed to sell all of my 10$ + items (not pictured)! So it was a pretty big success. Just thought I’d share here…

39 Likes

Cool! I like your purple loop trees…that was one technique I never tried with the 3D printer. :grinning:

2 Likes

Congrats!

2 Likes

Thanks! They were supposed to be decorations and by the end of the day I ended up selling them. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cool. I’ve never seen a craft show like that open to kids. I’ve seen fundraiser versions (sort of the bake sale principle where people donate items) and then I’ve seen mass-produced versions (also fundraisers). It’s an interesting idea and I think would be really fun to prepare for.

3 Likes

I think the parent teacher organization came up with the idea. My wife helps out with it and they have been running it that way for several years now, but I think it is definitely something unique to our area! It was a lot of fun, especially with all the little kids running around looking for ideas to buy. They are supposed to come with a sheet of paper that says who all they are buying for, and they have a certain amount of $$'s with them. Parents, some of the staff/administration, and volunteer middle school kids help the young ones pick out things. It was really a neat experience!

2 Likes

Very nice presentation too!

2 Likes

I love your displays! We run a flower shop and have a Plus on the way. What a great idea to make displays to showcase our new items! Thank you for sharing your set up. So happy that you had a great day of sales!

2 Likes

Well done! What a great way to teach the kids about buying/money etc. and give them the opportunity for a little independence as well.

4 Likes

Nice set-up … Also a fun customer base!

1 Like