First successful cut on PG materials

After about a month, I now have a working Glowforge that cut through the medium draft board first pass! So this is what it feels like to have a working one… :slight_smile: I’m very thankful to Glowforge for getting me a replacement unit. I was a bit frustrated by the time it took, but sometimes it’s just luck of the draw and I understand things happen. In my case they are also on the other side of the country so shipping was also a big part of the wait. Anyway, I am overall satisfied with how Glowforge handled my replacement. I encourage others that may run into problems to be patient but a little persistence never hurts either.

I honestly thought I was going crazy with my original unit after trying so many other things. I am not sure what was wrong with my original unit but I think it had some kind of focus issue. The focus on the new unit seems a little sharper and the cut lines are definitely thinner.

19 Likes

Cobra Kai on Baltic Birch is also looking good, but a bit crispy. I can tell this laser is definitely cutting and engraving a lot more than my original unit. Will probably speed the laser up a bit.

7 Likes

Hey! I just got mine back today. I was thinking the same thing. They said in their testing that the laser tube needed to be replaced because it wasn’t up to par, but I had sent it in because it didn’t power on anymore. I mean, I figured something was going on with the laser itself since I always had to slow the speed down to get it to cut all the way through, but it wasn’t a big deal to me.

Glad you got yours back in good condition!

3 Likes

Glad to hear! Hopefully the replacements will hold up for a while :slight_smile:

1 Like