First time for some weirdness

I just wanted to make a note about this.

I was uploading a very small design. file size: 7KB a cupcake topper for my neighbor.

I got the “there was an error… refresh your browser and power cycle your glowforge.”

I haven’t ever had this before. I was reading the file from my NAS. i copied to my local computer, did the refreshes and power cycles.

I did resave the file and suddenly that worked.

which was fabulous as I broke the first one getting it out of the acrylic. I was smarter 45 seconds later on removing the second one. :slight_smile: and it was great. and the neighbor was simply thrilled.

I love my glowforge :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Just to put your mind at ease - it happens occasionally. Just like once in a blue moon a web page doesn’t load completely.

It’s not the machine.

1 Like

Thanks for that note.

When that first happened I was like. OH crap. i’ve barely run this machine and now it is gonna go all off kilter.

I was mentally ticking. cleaned the mirror, etc. worried that something else had gone south. I had just made 10 tabbed trays from chip board to organize a desk drawer. so I was wondering if I had gunked up something I didn’t know to clean.

1 Like

I’m sorry you hit a snag when trying to print your design when reading the file from your network attached storage device. I’m glad to hear that you were able to get up and printing when you re-attempted! I’m going to close this thread. If you run into trouble again, or have any questions, please post a new topic here on the forum or email us at support@glowforge.com and we’ll be happy to help!

1 Like