First time making a bi fold wallet

I know there have been a lot of posts of wallets on here, but I figured I would share mine!

I used 3-4 oz veg tan leather and sponged on purple, turquoise, and black dye on the front, then hand painted with white leather acrylic.

I hope to make more hand painted wallets in the future!

Thanks stopping by!

-Justin

44 Likes

Nicely done. I especially like the colors you chose.

6 Likes

That is a nice looking wallet!

6 Likes

The purple, turquoise and black dye on the front makes quite the impression. This is a beautiful wallet. Did you engrave or score the saying before you painted it? Thanks for sharing with us.

5 Likes

Thank you!

I put a light tack masking paper on the leather and scored the letters on there. I then dyed it. i was hoping that the dye would not come through so I could leave it a natural color but it did.

This was a test for another project. I want to make an octopus bag. I plan to engrave an image on to it and then try to use the same sponging effect to make this:

I think I might be ok to still do this because not a whole lot the dye came through the masking and the green shooooulld cover it pretty well.

If anyone has other suggestions let me know!

13 Likes

these are SO cool. Very nice work!

5 Likes

Wow this looks wonderful! Great job!

5 Likes

That is sharp! The color is great.

2 Likes

Great job!

3 Likes

Wow, love the painted effect. Turned out really nice!

7 Likes

WOW,

that is terrific.

I love how that purple turned out. one of the first things I was going to do with BEAMER was make a wallet. still not done yet.

3 Likes

Beautiful work!!

3 Likes

Wow that’s beautiful! I could have sworn it was one of those APOD (Astronomy Picture of the Day) photos dye-sublimated onto the leather. Love that saying, too.

4 Likes

The dye job, painting, and construction are all exquisite!

3 Likes

Wow! What a cool effect you’ve achieved here​:clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2:

2 Likes