First time painting

For the first time I tried selectively taking off masking and applying acrylic paint. I liked the way it came out.

38 Likes

I really like how you finished that. Well done!

1 Like

Nice!

Very nice, Sure glad I thought to click on the picture to see the whole project. Suggests a lot of possibilities.

1 Like

Oooh! The yellow pops! :sunglasses::+1:

Wow! That’s really yellow! Nice design on the wine box. May I ask your source? Was it Cartonus?

Yes, best $7.00 I ever spent

1 Like

Oh, lovely! I’m guessing you painted all the wood first, then masked and engraved then painted the yellow before removing the masking. It’s a great technique that I still haven’t tried.

Oh! Yes, it becomes SO much better when you click on the picture! Makes me wonder how much good stuff I’ve been missing by not thinking to do that… :roll_eyes:

I got the blue stained ply from thewoodgallery.com You can get it masked on one or both sides or no masked at all’

1 Like

I’m only seeing finished products at that link. Am I missing something?

If you go up to shop you will find laser cut materials.

I used to buy the same wood from thewoodgallery.com but it seems the 1/8" material is now available at Johnson Plastics https://www.jpplus.com/denim-grain-colorshop-woods in the smaller sheet sizes.

That is great! I like the contrast of the yellow!

Crazy. I must have looked at the menu thirty times. And now it’s there… and not only is it there, it’s super obvious. I think I need to start getting more sleep! Thanks!