Fish bed-railing šŸ 

:fish: :blowfish: :tropical_fish:

Continuing the treehouse buildā€¦ the kids keep trying to get out of the foldable upper bunk in the treehouse as though it isnā€™t at a supracondylar humerus fracture height.

So I made a small profile, (yet uncomfortable to dangle your legs over) railing, that would allow the bed to still fold into the treehouse wall.

It is 2 pieces of 1/4 in baltic glued together.

If anyone needs this design just send me a PM, (since it is tattoos that I found online, I wonā€™t post it to the free section.) :slight_smile:

Have a great day!!!

35 Likes

This space looks so fun, and the pretty safety railing is a nice addition.

2 Likes

Okay the super whatzits fracture just sounds painful! :grimacing:
(Really cool railing, for whatever reason.) :smile:

2 Likes

Thanks @Jules and @dklgood

Just tried it out, and it is super uncomfortable to dangle your legs over so hopefully nobody tries to hop down without using the ladder.

2 Likes

They look great!!! I am loving the updates on the treehouse!!! Soon it will be ready for AirBnB! LOL

3 Likes

People usually appreciate bathrooms and kitchens in those :slight_smile:

Thank you! It is a fun project!

2 Likes

Really looking like an island escape - a very nice chill-out place.
Happy cake day as well!

2 Likes

Thank you! MMMMmmm Cake. :nerd_face:

1 Like

Brilliant! A beautiful yet prickly solution.

1 Like

Happy cake day!

Really jealous of this tree house. I always wanted one as a kid, but we were city kids. We had yards, but no trees or space for a tree house!

1 Like

The tree house is nothing short of fabulousā€¦and then thereā€™s that view. Omigosh!

1 Like

@cynd11 I was thinking of the white picket fence idea, but I like this theme better :slight_smile:

@ChristyM me too, growing up in Queens, New York there was no space for a treehouse. So now I need to live the dream :slight_smile: ā€¦though the treehouse is technically next to a tree, it is elevated and there is a drawbridge to get into it.

@Xabbess Thank you! We love it too! The view from across the street from our house growing up was a factory. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

What a great place to play.

3 Likes

Well, thatā€™s certainly a shift in environments. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@pauline.lally and a great place to work from home. :slight_smile:

@ChristyM yes :slight_smile: and such an amazing change.

Clearly drawbridge and being in a tree is best, but if I had to choose between the two it is drawbridge every time.

3 Likes

I need to figure out a way of raising and lowering it. I was thinking of a garage door opener but that might need more power than I have in the treehouse. So probably pulleys and a counterweight.

1 Like

Preferably with chains, black, or thick rope that looks like it is fraying.

2 Likes

Clever and decorative solution to the safety issue! And amazing view! From our treehouse we could just see. . . trees.

1 Like

@caribis2 We can easily do the fraying rope situation because we have rope that has a steel wire down the center just laying around. Just need to soak it in coffee to give it an aged look.

@jeanneleigh I wouldā€™ve much preferred to put it in a tree! We are pretty happy with the way it is coming along.

3 Likes