Five free designs are about to be posted to our marketing list

Thank you!

Nada for me too…:disappointed_relieved:

Glowforge™is helping us learn patience. :wink:

5 Likes

and new definitions for words such as “soon”, “almost”, “about”, “shipping”…

7 Likes

Heh. In a way, it’s like having kids. Now that I have my 'forge; I don’t even remember all the pain any more, except in a vague sort of “yeah, I recall that really hurt” sort of way.

2 Likes

And the age old prayer, “Good Lord give me patience and give it to me right now.”

7 Likes

Or they are training us to wait indefinitely for things that will never come. :wink:

2 Likes

Learning new things is good for your brain. :rofl:

4 Likes

While we all wait for these, is anyone else concerned that the original designs we were promised during the delays are not in the catalog yet?

No, not really.

They were always nice to have but weren’t a deal breaker for me. I have no doubt we’ll get these 5 new designs before we ever see all of the original video designs made available.

Also, as @markevans36301 noted:

I’m roughly one month away from the 3rd anniversary of ordering my GF and air filter. My GF is already out of warranty. It looks now like an air filter for Mardi Gras 2019 is a possibility. Maybe I’ll get the original video designs before I reach tube replacement time.

5 Likes

Not even a little. I haven’t used a single design from the catalog yet. Although sometimes I’m tempted to make that votive candle holder, I think I’ll just design my own. I can’t wait until owners can sell their designs though. There are so many uber-creatives in here I’m sure I’ll be purchasing a design or two.

9 Likes

That is a whole different topic. Also a victim of “wibbly wobbly” time.

2 Likes

I agree about the user designs!

In the last 5 years and with 3 machines I’ve only replaced one tube. And that one had frozen coolant in a sub-zero garage.

I think there’s an unwarranted concern about imminent tube replacements :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

I’m not concerned about tube replacements. :slight_smile:

Not placing high hopes on timeliness either.

2 Likes

I spend almost all of my time making my stuff - I think I only did one or maybe 2 GF designs (other than the Founders ruler and Good Measure). I did use the luggage tag for demos for the local MakerFaire last year kind of replicating what GF did at NYMF.

GF designs fall into the “huh, that’s cool” or “interesting” but nothing I’ve seen is compelling & must have. I’d rather have some of the software stuff delivered that’s still outstanding :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I also feel like the stuff in the catalog is nice, but considering that it’s not downloadable and customizable, it’s not anything that I’m dying to buy. I have $140 in credits for the store, and nothing is jumping out at me. I originally thought I would do the pour through coffee stand, but it’s not an option for me anymore in the catalog. I tend to design my own stuff anyway.

4 Likes

i don’t find it a great loss because, well, none of them are all that special. except maybe the drone. and what’s in there already are, like @jamesdhatch intimated, are more generic ideas than something special.

that said, it would still be nice for them to make an appearance, as promised, since not all of us see them that way.

2 Likes

Huh! That’s one I was thinking of getting, too. I wonder where it went?

1 Like