Five free designs are about to be posted to our marketing list

That’s my biggest thing. I’m a designer. I design for a living. I don’t see anything I couldn’t wipe up myself. But I did buy the monster box with the free $20 catalog credits

2 Likes

I think they definitely have a place. I found myself cranking out several of them the day before Christmas 2017.

2 Likes

In the beginning I thought I would use a lot of designs from the catalogue, but since I’ve learned how to make some stuff for myself, I haven’t had any burning desire to use the ones for sale. Nor, have I even had a burning desire to use any given to use for free. I’m having such a blast learning how to do my own things, it far surpasses caring about any store-bought.

6 Likes

i think part of that is that once you can work in design software, it’s very limiting to only edit in the GFUI. if the designs were “here’s an SVG,” i’d be more likely to use them as starting points for my own pieces. i understand why they don’t work that way, but that’s such a huge limitation that it makes them significantly less useful for anyone who can create on their own.

6 Likes

One good use for the catalog designs is as a learning experience. All of them that I have used have some very clever design solutions and they make me think about joins, aesthetics, etc in a different way. I hope the SVGs are the same.

7 Likes

I was going to say this as well!

“Soon…™”

1 Like

I think the only design I might be interested in is the dolls house, and that is mostly because I’m too lazy to design my own or modify one found online.

Oh, the cardboard globe too. That looks like fun. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Still nothing here. sigh

2 Likes

Patience.

We’re on :glowforge: time.

:smiley:

3 Likes

Reminds me of the song lyrics…“livin’ on Tulsa time”

3 Likes

We should get @dan to sing that :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Nothing here either. I am a day two’er tho.

2 Likes

Okay, that’s a weird discourse bug!

5 Likes

Reaching a crescendo in the song

3 Likes

Already signed up to this site… how can I sign up for the 5 free designs?

Go to the first post in this thread and follow the directions.

Cool thanks :+1:

I have been faithfully looking every day and checking my spam folder for >6 weeks now, and…nothing!

@Dan, would it be okay for those who’ve already received the link to share it with those of us who also signed up but are still waiting for our turn to get the marketing email?

8 Likes

Me neither. But I do believe that’ll change once users can start selling their designs. We’ve got some real talent here!

That’s true. I don’t think I’ve been inspired to mimic anything I’ve seen in there yet, but I imagine there’ll come a time!

4 Likes

Still waiting on the email.
We’ve gotten very good at waiting, though, so no worries :smiley:

2 Likes