Five part acrylic scene of a German home

Thanks to the incredible generosity of time and assistance from @jules, as well as from @rbtdanforth and @cynd11, I was able to complete a project in time to take it with me to Germany as a hostess gift. The people I’m visiting have a beautiful, very old home that inspired me to try to recreate it in acrylic. I used medium clear acrylic and proofgrade settings. The images are perhaps not as clear as I would like, but I’m still very pleased with the final product. I purchased an LED bar that highlights it nicely and can just rest on top.
Here it is:

And here are the five separate panels:

Finally, here are some pictures of the home that inspired the project.

46 Likes

Whoa! Turned out gorgeous! :grinning:

4 Likes

I couldn’t have pulled it off in time without you. I’m sincerely grateful. :purple_heart: :heart: :orange_heart:

7 Likes

I’m so glad it worked out–looks amazing! Your friends will be over the moon.

2 Likes

Nicely done!
Impressive layering you got there. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Beautiful interpretation of a gorgeous house! Love that you got the cat, and a hedgehog in the layers!

4 Likes

Wow! Very cool. That’s my favorite thing about owning a GF… UNIQUE gifts, that I created. (And sometimes designed.)

5 Likes

Positively lovely! They will be amazed by the gift and your thoughtfulness!

2 Likes

That’s amazing. What a lovely gift!

1 Like

Love the perspective, and pure white look

1 Like

This really turned out great! What a delightful and thoughtful gift.

1 Like

Wonderful! And thanks for reporting back!!!

That turned out really well. It is always so nice to get the end of a story, and I appreciate the actual photos of the German house.

:blush: Thank you all for the kind words. It’s so encouraging!

2 Likes

Very nice work - I’m sure they will love it!