Five years ago, today

Thanks for the shout out, James.
When I did a quick check, I was surprised that I, too, had passed that mark !
While I confess that using Glowfinger has become something of a routine for me, there’s still that little buzz of excitement when the light starts flashing, and we’re good to go.
I take my hat of to the design team for the continual development of new resources, even though I find it difficult to keep up !
:upside_down_face:

11 Likes

Admittedly, I am a intermittent stalker on these pages and can’t remember if I’ve ever replied to a post before. However, your post made me swell with pride for a person I don’t even know. I just want to say YOU GO GIRL! I only hope I (any many others) can follow your example and continue to strive and take on new challenges, no matter our age. Thank you for the inspiration!

10 Likes

Thank you…that means a lot to me. :blush:

5 Likes

Wow, and wow! I can’t believe it has been so long – time flies when you have a laser! I love seeing the creativity that gets taped after so many years of being dormant, but also the amount of lived expertise in a variety of fields that everyone (especially you “oldsters”) bring to this forum. September is my “Gotchya” month, so I have a little bit longer to hit the big 5 yr mark, but I truly enjoy reading the forums and virtually meeting so many interesting people!

5 Likes

Enjoyed your post! I discovered laser printers at our local Makerspace two and a half years ago. Wondered where a laser had been all my life. But I soon came into some extra cash (thanks, Mom!) and got my Glowforge Plus, which totally blew away the poorly-maintained industrial laser at Makerspace. I absolutely love the Glowforge Plus - I’m 74 years old and creating my own files keeps me mentally active while being creative. And I absolutely love the awesome support provided by the Glowforge technical team! I honestly can say Glowforge has changed my life!

10 Likes

I couldn’t agree more! I am a wee bit younger than you; but everything else you said is biographical for me. It’s been a life-changing tool.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.