Flame while cutting, and I just cleaned the air assist!

I just did a clean on the air assist fan, printer head and crumb tray, and ever since I have been experiencing more flames and cuts not going through all the way. Did I do something wrong potentially when assembling back together?

1 Like

There are a few possibilities.
One I see most often is if you’ve actually removed the fan from the air assist assembly, it’s possible the fan was put back in backwards.
The other is if you did not take apart the assembly to clean it, you probably should. A tips and rubbing alcohol work well.

2 Likes

I just reversed the fan so we will see if that helps! Thank you!!

1 Like

Make sure the airflow indicator on the fan body - its a small arrow - points toward the head and not away from it.

You can also tell because the fan ID sticker is on the exhaust side of the fan that should be pointing down and toward the head.

4 Likes

Yes, thank you! That solved it! Thanks!

3 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear about the snag you experienced while cleaning your Air Assist Fan! I’m so glad to hear that the advice @ben1 provided was helpful, and you were able to reposition the fan correctly, and you are no longer running into the same snag :slight_smile:

I’ll close this thread for now, but please don’t hesitate to reach out to us in the future if you run into any of the same behavior. We’re here to help!

1 Like