Flare up! still!

Help! These flare ups are ruining my material and wasting my time! I have cleaned all fans and lenses.

And…I sent an email to support days ago, complete with video…I have yet to hear anything.

Is the air assist fan running?

2 Likes

yes

The flame should be aggressively pushed toward the front, the air assist fan (on the bottom of the head carriage under the gantry in back) doesn’t look like it’s pushing the air that it should.

1 Like

Your air-assist is definitely not working! The instructions for cleaning are at support.glowforge.com

You would have received an almost instantaneous auto-response from your email. If you did not then either your email didn’t make it to them, or their response ended up in your spam folder. Look there. Either way, posting here means they’ll see that you wrote before and follow up.

2 Likes

I already cleaned the air assist fan. So frustrating!

The fan may be clean, but not turning.

I checked, and it is running.

Did you remove it for cleaning? If so check to make sure you didn’t reassemble it backwards. It’s easy to do and I’ve done it more that once.

8 Likes

OK, but it’s not running fast enough. That flame should be almost horizontal blowing toward the front.

2 Likes

omgosh!! You’re a freaking saint!! Thank you so much!! It was backwards!! I am so stoked!!Thank you thank you!

7 Likes

You are most welcome, that’s what this group is all about.

1 Like

FYI, Support DID respond to you on your other thread here in Problems & Support. Their responses are in yellow, and it says “staff” by their names. :slight_smile:

My first suspicion in the event of a change after I have done something is “OK, what’s the last thing I touched?” :thinking:

3 Likes

Exactly.

1 Like

I’m glad you resolved it! I’m going to close your open Forum Threads and Email Support Ticket. If you run into any other trouble, please start a new topic, or email us at support@glowforge.com. We’re here to help!

1 Like