Flask Warping

Anyone ever lasered on a flask and had it warp?
I tried it with the top on and off. Does the same thing.

Hello @eyeoftherebel! Welcome to the forum!

I was able to laser the inexpensive black anodized flasks off Amazon (4 for about $14). I didn’t have any issues. What brand of flask are you using?

What settings are you using? I used these:

I also masked the flask, and I washed it after weeding the masking away.

8 Likes

That’s odd. I’ve engraved dozens of them and never had one warp…

Are the flasks you’re using coming from a very cold environment immediately prior to engraving?

Weldome to the forum. Could you provide a picture to clarify the degree of warpage you experienced?

I have engraved flasks with no warping. I am guessing your power was too high and that you had a very large engraved area.

1 Like

I got a stainless steel one from a local liquor store. It doesn’t have a brandname on it. I used LBT 100 on it to engrave the black in to it. I think i just ran the laser too hot on cheap metal.I did full power at 300 speed and 450

Yours looks amazing.

1 Like

I think I was just running it too hot. It’s not the best quality flask. I will lower the power and see if it comes out better. I was spraying on LBT 100 to engrave the black in to stainless steel

1 Like

They didn’t. I even warmed them up with a blow dryer to dry the LBT 100

1 Like

dklgood

Regular

February 22

Weldome to the forum. Could you provide a picture to clarify the degree of warpage you experienced?

I have engraved flasks with no warping. I am guessing your power was too high and that you had a very large engraved area.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

(Attachment IMG_9857.HEIC is missing)

I did the same settings for this one so i thought it might be fine for the flask. I will try again with less laser power next time.

(Attachment IMG_3317 2.HEIC is missing)

So sorry, I have not tried to engrave stainless steel before. I have read in the forum that folks have been using Cermark successfully. A quick search in the forum should yield a lot of information. Good luck! Please share a picture when you figure it all out. :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m having the same problem. Did you ever solve the issue? I’m using stainless steel and CRC Dry Moly for the catalyst.

The person that posted originally stated that they had better results after changing their settings. What settings are you using and how large an area are you engraving?

Sorry for the delay. I have not tried it again. Were you using full power? I thin =k that is the problem. I am going to try again soon using 100 instead of full.