Flipping boards to cut larger pieces

Not entirely sure where to put this, but it seems like the right place at the moment. Feel free to move it to the appropriate forum.

I made an initial attempt at an all wood portfolio (https://gumroad.com/l/CHusg). Everything was the right size for the Glowforge, except the front and back facing. The largest pieces are 19.358" x 14.417" and 19.359"x14.070".

Based on some searches, it sounds like the GF can handle 18” x 20.4", however I’ve never seen anyone in my searches utilize that whole area.

My question, what have users done to ensure registration of a piece that would allow for removing the wood and re-placing the wood and ensure that the registration lines back up?

I want to cut the image up so that about 60% is cut first along with some kind of registration, then flip the wood and activate the remaining 40%. I’m guessing some kind of jig, but I’m probably overthinking an easier solution.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Edit: Basic model, no SnapMarks available.

Jigs for sure. Search the forum for jigs and for double sided engraving. Jigging and flipping are doable to about a kerf of accuracy, about 1/100”.