Flower Stakes

My wife mentioned that she wanted me to pickup some Popsicle sticks from the store. She wanted to label where she planted some of her flowers in the front yard. But… we have a laser!

I showed her the current free gift, but that’s not exactly what she wanted. She wanted them longer. So, 10mins in Inkscape +17mins Glowforge time later…

Quick and simple project!

24 Likes

Quick solution to a request! Interested in what was burned on the bottom of the :proofgrade:

1 Like

I’ll give you a hint. It wasn’t a moon.

3 Likes
4 Likes

That was my thought, but wanted confirmation :slight_smile:

1 Like

It was easier to assemble them I thought it would be.

1 Like

Who doesn’t love the simple … And oh so perfect projects?!

2 Likes

Happy wife, happy life.

3 Likes

The laser is great for stuff like this. Just keep an eye on them, though. Not sure draftboard is going to hold up long in moisture.

1 Like

We just need them to survive long enough for the flowers to come out. I offered to poly coat them, but she said it wasn’t worth it.

1 Like

Ah, yes. Perfect for short term use!

1 Like

:man_facepalming: To be clear you have a laser that works equally well on popsicle sticks from ice cream treats, popsicles and other frozen novelties from the store. :wink:

4 Likes

True, but then I would have to go to the store to buy Popsicle sticks. I had Draftboard at home.

2 Likes

Not a bad problem to have. I usually get the Popsicle citrus assortment although I use finished a box of orange creme that were pretty tasty. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Those are classified as PREPROCESSED popsicle sticks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This thread made me stop on the way home for some :smiley:

4 boxes :wink:

5 Likes

Well played Sir. Well played. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

“Honey, you said you needed Popsicle sticks. And they deliver!”

7 Likes