Fluorescent Blue Acrylic in the Shop

I was wondering if you guys will be getting any more fluorescent blue acrylic in the shop? It’s been out of stock for months.

If not, would you be able to let me know where it was sourced from? I can’t find anyone else who sells that color fluorescent blue. Everyone else sells blue that is a much lighter color and I’d really like to get more of the darker fluorescent blue

5 Likes

I hate to say this, but this the reason why I kinda stop using the color acrylic sold by Glowforge for paid projects. I was building something for someone and the majority of the project was using the Thick Fluorescent Green Acrylic and the Thick Fluorescent Pink Acrylic. While cutting the Fl. Green my unit decided to stop on the last part. At that time. my unit had the accuracy of a school bus in an empty Wal-Mart parking lot. (Before the fancy calibration tool.) So moving the vector to get the last remaining area was hard and failed after many, many attempts. So I figured, Okay I’ll order more. It was out of stock for a month.

So now I use 3rd parties and order a lot of it to keep on hand. As you noted. The colors seem very specific to Glowforge. I could not find suitable matches.

9 Likes

Yeah I’ve been doing the same for more commonly used colors like green, yellow, and orange. I just get big sheets of chemcast from piedmont plastics. They appear to be the exact same acrylic.

The blue however is something special and so much cooler from Glowforge. I for the life of me can’t find where they sourced it!

3 Likes

OK, now I have to go see if I have a piece in my stash so I know what it looks like. This is about the darkest I’ve found and not sure how fluorescent it really is.

https://www.amazon.com/Blue-Acrylic-Plexiglass-Sheet-Thick/dp/B07KB2QW2G/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=flourescent+blue+acrylic+sheet&qid=1560389667&s=gateway&sr=8-1

And damn you. I was searching Tap for the blue stuff and saw this. Now I’m going to have to add it to my list when I make the bi-weekly pilgrimage to my local shop. :smirk: Looks pretty cool.

9 Likes

Now I’m sulking because we don’t seem to have anything similar to a Tap locally.

3 Likes

I’m so sorry you couldn’t find the material you are looking for. We miss it too!

I don’t have any information about the restocking schedule, so I can only suggest you keep an eye at http://shop.glowforge.com for when it’s back in stock.

I’m going to close this thread. If you have any further questions, please feel free to start a new thread.