Focus/Centering Cycle

Hello!

My GF (which I purchased in early April) entered the dreaded Focusing/Centering death spiral tonight. I ran through all the suggestions (twice) on the forms, other than switching WiFi, and nothing seems to have helped. I probably have less than 40 hours of actual use on, and have cleaned it several times.

I’m pretty sure that I’ll have to replace black ribbon cable that seems to be hot commodity lately. Any other suggestion that I might could try?

Thank you for all the help!

You say spiral… is that you just being generously descriptive, or is it actually going through one and back to the other?

It should go to focusing on boot, which is running through the lens adjustment, and then to centering, where it centers the head under the camera.

Haphazardly descriptive, I’m afraid. It very well could be spiraling, but I’m not watching it consistently. After the On/Off reboot, sometimes it sticks on the centering, other times it flips on over to scanning. It has yet to move past the scanning phase in the last couple of hours.

1 Like

Unfortunately, it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m we send you a new lid cable. I’ll be in touch via email to sort out the details. I’m so sorry for the trouble.