Focus Issue on new Pro / Metal Marking Too Dark

Great - thanks again, @Jules. I’ll try both.

I’m not terribly concerned about the loss of speed, if this works. It isn’t affecting all of them, just these script and calligraphy fonts - so I’d only have to lower the speed and power for specific engraves.

I’ll try adding a slight offset in Inkscape, too. For the 2 secs it takes to do that, if that works, even better.

Bumping the LPI did it. I had to go all the way up, but it worked :slight_smile:

Adding offset worked too, but just saving the settings is easier in the long run… so I’ll stick with that.

GF should consider paying you for all the help you provide, @Jules! So much of what I’ve learned in this past year has been from reading your posts; I’m sure I’m not alone in appreciating your knowledge very much :blush:

3 Likes

Chuckle! Any knowledge that stuck came from them, so I can’t take any credit for it. :smile:

Glad it worked!

1 Like

Thank you for the update. It’s great to see that the advice you received from @jules lead to a solution! I’m going to close this thread. If you run into trouble again, or have any questions, please post a new topic here on the forum or email us at support@glowforge.com and we’ll be happy to help.

1 Like