focusing wont stop, previous print wont go away, yellow button still on , even after reconnecting wire ribbon and re starting machine.2019-09-01T04:00:00Z
How’s the temp?
@gdee767 Thank you for taking the time to do some initial troubleshooting. Can I have you check a few more things as well? If you see a step you’ve already done, just let me know that you skipped it.
- Turn off your Glowforge.
- Holding only the finished black surfaces, grasp the printer head as shown. Pull gently up and back to disengage the magnets and remove the head.
- There is a small tab in the center of the wire ribbon. Push down fully on the tab to release it, and gently pull the wire ribbon plug from the printer head.
- Take a clear photo of the gold pins inside the printer head where you just unplugged the wire ribbon. It should look like this.
- Pick up the printer head and wire ribbon. Make sure the tab on the wire ribbon is facing up. Slide the ribbon back into the head until it clicks.
- As shown, lower the printer head over the metal plate so that it rests next to the two round posts. Then push it gently away from you – you’ll feel a “click” as magnets pull the printer head until it sits snugly atop the metal plate.
- Turn your Glowforge back on.
- Send us the photo of the gold pins from step 4.
Let me know how it goes!
It’s been a little while since I’ve heard back from you. I hope that’s because everything worked out! Were you able to complete the steps my colleague Jeff had asked? If not, just let me know and we’ll get it solved.
I have followed up by email about this, so I am going to close this thread.