Folders in the APP

I have had my GF for about a month. My library is getting huge. Is there any way to organize the library into folders? It’s becoming more and more difficult to eyeball the item I want to cut in my library and its only going to get worse.

3 Likes

No.

But you’re the 2nd one in the past 24 hours to open a case about the same request. And, of course, I think we all want it. Maybe if we all do it it’ll annoy them into submission. :wink:

7 Likes

Wow. Such a basic suggestion. I love the machine but the software needs some improvement. I know they are going as quick as they can but I already have over 150 items in my library. The other problem is uploading, say ITEM1 then seeing an issue, correcting it then uploading ITEM1 again. Now I have 2 ITEM1s. Somewhat painful to manage.

1 Like

It’s still a beta release, so there’s only so much one can expect from that. It’s quite usable as-is, but certainly looking forward to lots of improvements.

I always just delete the original ITEM1 prior to uploading ITEM1 again. Not sure that’s something that needs to be improved. I’ve never found issue with that process. But everybody likes what they like.

5 Likes

Imagine if your O/S required you to delete items that you want to replace with newer versions. Talk about a headache. It leaves it open to way too much user error.

I never thought of it in terms of filesystem. But I certainly see the parallel. To me, it reduces the “user error” of mistakenly overwriting artwork that they’ve spent so much time on. My preference would be to leave that aspect as-is. But, like I said, to each their own. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I currently use different accounts to organize things. I have my basic account where I just upload things and experiment with them. There’s hundreds of items on it.

Then there’s my “production” account. Once I’m happy with a design and it’s finalized, I open it in my production account. I know that the designs there are good and final.

It’s a workaround for the current UI, but it works for me.

7 Likes

If the beta period is perpetual, I feel like we need a different term.

2 Likes

I agree, beta is a bit of a stretch lol

alpha, beta, so… Gamma Release or Charlie Release?

1 Like

It would be great, but I usually just upload designs from my own computer files and rarely ever go thru my library to look for a design–apart from ones I bought.

Also many of my uploaded designs never seem to get saved in my library (another glitch maybe), so it’s another reason besides the efficiency in finding them in my own files that I opt to “upload” nearly every time vs. try to hunt for a file & open from library…

Delete the ITEM1 that you don’t want. Then you won’t have two.

OMG, why didn’t I think of that?? … lol

2 Likes

Just in case you haven’t discovered it yet…you can rename the copies or files on the Dashboard - click the little carat in the upper right corner of the thumbnail.

But it’s actually easier than that…the most recent item you have been working on will appear in the top left slot, if you need to drop in and make a quick change.

And keep in mind that you could have two ITEM 1 designs each having different settings that you have customized. So renaming would be a good idea.

2 Likes

The vast majority of the time I am uploading a new version of the old design. If I didn’t want to overwrite what I have in the library I would have uploaded under a different name… like virtually every other software in existence.

While I agree with the folders (people have been asking for this for ages), I’d rather it not overwrite things. One person’s preference is another person’s bug. I just delete things if I want to upload a second copy. FWIW, my Windows file system does not overwrite things automatically. It appends a (#). I frequently have files and folders with the same names and overwriting would be problematic.

3 Likes

I 100% do the same thing. It’s become automatic to me, now.

2 Likes

If you have a file in your windows o/s called test.txt then copy another test.txt to the same folder, what happens? … yep that’s what I mean.

In that case it asks if I want to overwrite; it never does it automatically. But if I download a file with the same name, which I consider a more reasonable comparison, it renames the second one.

2 Likes