Font making - easy

I was experimenting with making a font a while ago with software that was painful to use, then recently found an illustrator plugin called fontself which is really super easy to use. Just group letters like i j together, then drag / drop the alphabet into the plugin.

If there are any easier tools out there I would love to know.

Just incase anyone else wants to make fast fonts out of calligraphy. It is always nice to have non-copywrited fonts in your collection, and this is simple to use.

Ok, I need to work on my calligraphy. :slight_smile: j/k my 6y/o’s handwriting.

then the 4y/o

12 Likes

That’s beautiful. They would definitely give Comic Sans a run for its money! :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Haha :slight_smile: I have always had a love for fonts. And wav files. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I used an iPad app years ago called iFontMaker it was real quick to make hand lettered fonts. I even got my 12 year old daughter to make her own font. I would print out short stories with her handwriting to encourage her to read more.

9 Likes

You should engrave those for posterity and set them aside. One day you can roll them out, and remind them of their childhood, perhaps when they have children. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I named the font with their names / ages. And made this for my father. A spray painted tile, negative image burn. Though it took off a little too much. I still haven’t mastered the brightness / contrast to get this perfect.

4 Likes

Perfect!

2 Likes

Very, very fun! What a wonderful way to preserve their writing.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.