Font sale at MyFonts

Thanks! I’ll check it out! (I got spoiled with the Gazelle, which has got a bunch of single line fonts, mainly Engineering.) :grinning:

Awesome! I’ll try it! I am more interested in this for my Tooli than for my Glowforge.

That’s awesome

1 Like

I find it much more interesting to watch the GF write out monoline text as a score than to watch it engrave dot-matrix style. The stepper motors make cooler sounds too.

3 Likes

Beware the kerning on a lot of google fonts. You have been warned. spooky hand gestures

4 Likes

or “fount of fonts”. :wink:

Here are a few on a Google Fonts. Browse Fonts - Google Fonts

6 Likes

Cool! Thanks…i get the feeling I’m about to go down a rabbit hole with Google Fonts. (Used to have hundreds installed on an older computer…just never transferred them over to this one.)

1 Like

You’ll love this… “Comic Sans and Papyrus are like fingernails on a chalkboard to designers…” https://creativemarket.com/blog/designer-combines-papyrus-and-comic-sans-the-end-is-near :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Me too, but the fonts came from unknown sources in the “CDs by the yard” days. These days, I try to have royalty free fonts readily at hand since I create things to share publicly and not just PPTs. Google Fonts was my savior. I have even taken them into AI and modified them as outlines to make them unique on a rare occasion.

1 Like

I think it’s a hilarious inside joke that they end the clip with Papyrus in Comic Sans font! ROFLMAO.

One of my favorite sans serif fonts I picked up as part a sale on their Futiger bundle was this one:
http://www.myfonts.com/fonts/urw/futura/stencil-d-medium/

Edit: If you get the whole Futura set, you can mix/match the stencil with non-stencil version to prevent overdoing the cutout letters.

1 Like

Only hundreds? I had a computer with thousands of fonts on it at one time.

If I’m dealing with a graphic designer, all contact is with Papyrus, Comic Sans, or Comic Parchment. We used a chat client at work, and I have all my text in Comic Sans going to my coworkers, because I’m evil that way.

7 Likes

Oooh I like Becker Monoline Modern. Maybe even more than Comic Sans :grin:

2 Likes

Ok, I’m a little dense sometimes. What benefit to we get by monoline? Is it something that can be pathed for cutting/scoring?

1 Like

Thanks for that!

If they are true single-stroke fonts, you should be able to score them as opposed to engraving. Would be much faster.

1 Like

I’m sold.

Back know in the day, a buddy and I found that out that windows xp had a font install limit. :blush: