For the Kewpie Mayo lovers

Very product specific, but I thought I would put it out there for our Chefs…

Kewpie Holder

6 Likes

I can’t get Kewpie here! :anguished:
(Kewl cap though!)

1 Like

Yes you can :slight_smile: Amazon Kewpie

2 Likes

It is easy to make mayo that I think is even better than Kewpie. You do need to buy couple of unusual ingredients though.

A few notes:

• It’s easy to do this in a Mason jar with a stick blender.
  • Keep the egg yolk powder in the freezer, it lasts a long time that way.
  • For egg yolks, unless you love separating yolks or have a source of cheap eggs, I highly recommend finding a restaurant supply store. There you can get a quart of egg yolks for about $3.50.

This is good. It is so good.

6 Likes

I have egg yolk powder. Might have to give that a try! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

What is very interesting is that food folks get their stuff from a limited source of suppliers, who in turn make an even more limited number of geometries. Looking for 4 inch cylinders I discovered that it was a very common size and many bottles and containers are exactly 4 inches in diameter. When it comes to tops both the diameter and pitch of the twist are very often the same and the top of one will fit the top of many. Even the little inserts in some salad dressing bottles will also fit in bottles that do not have them. Some mustard bottles have that wide lid that allows it to be stored upside-down and surprise! they have the same top as all the salad dressing bottles and fit nicely.

So rather than throwing out all those bottles I wash and save the tops and use them on bottle that do not have them.

3 Likes

Our cap here in Australia is totally different to you guys - So cool though @bkressley !

2 Likes

I had never heard of this. I had heard of Kewpie dolls…

2 Likes

Quick google shows much of interest but not (as I expected) a direct connection, but apparently the mayo came from Japan, and the dolls were from a cartoon series

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.