Forget the Easter Bunny! We got Dinosaurs!

I was at work the other day and it was slow in the store, so I had some time to daydream a bit. Right across from my till there was a display of Kinder Eggs. And suddenly I had a vision!

I’m not at all sure where the dinosaurs came from, but I could clearly see the Kinder Eggs as their bodies. So I bought a 3-pack, figuring that I needed them for the dimensions. It was a minor miracle that they survived beyond the design phase, but I was determined to save them until I knew for sure that my plan would work.

When I got home, I immediately opened up Inkscape and started working. This was the result…

There are four layers of 1/8" Baltic birch in each of these adorable (if I do say so, myself!) free-standing Dinosaur Chocolate Egg Holders. I’m still working on the T-rex, but I just had to share the triceratops and apatosaurus. I couldn’t be more pleased with how well they turned out. For such a simple project, they were immensely fun to make!

They hold 2.5" eggs. I think that refillable, plastic eggs could work as well!

UPDATE!!
The T-Rex is finally done! He was the hardest and seemed to demand more detail than the others. But, boy, was he worth the effort!

I think I’m done with egg holders for a while. I’ve eaten way too many chocolate eggs!

68 Likes

Nice, the sauropod is particularly cute.

3 Likes

43 Likes

@Deleted That’s awesome!

4 Likes

I’m egg-static!!! These are sooooooo cute!!

4 Likes

So cute! Great idea!!

1 Like

Oh holy heck! I love em!!! My granddaughters would have a spell…I’m already having a spell!!! I’ve gotta get this pattern!!!

1 Like

@djbgriffin, I sent you a private message!

Reminds me of the time we let my wife’s parents know they were becoming grandparents. We were in Japan, and I went and bought a stuffed rabbit and a cheap steak knife. I inserted the knife into the bunnie’s abdomen, boxed it up and mailed it. Needless to say they didn’t appreciate my sense of humor…:joy::rofl:

3 Likes

What a cool idea! So creative and so fun!

1 Like

I love that more that I can express

2 Likes

So fun! Love them

2 Likes

Love it! Super idea :yum:

1 Like

That is fantastic! Easter dinosaurs are a brilliant idea.

3 Likes

Can’t wait to see the T-rex; will the egg survive?

1 Like

These are so creative and cute!

2 Likes

thanks!

2 Likes

Stinkin’ cute!

2 Likes

Wow so cute. How can I get the design

1 Like

@eloise_ramos I sent you a private message!