So I have had my Forge for about two weeks now and I wanted to share some initial thoughts, my setup, and the projects I have made so far.
A few initial thoughts:
• The mix of functional and visual design aspects makes this a beautiful piece of equipment.
• It is a little louder than I expected but not so much that it causes any issues.
• I was a little disappointed at the fact that there is essentially no image editing in the software (yes I know its beta).
• I was also disappointed at how few items there are in the Catalog. Is there a plan to allow users to add to the Catalog?
• There should be an option for disabling the air assist, or at least organize the order of operations from back to front to avoid re-depositing debris into freshly engraved areas. This is of particular interest for plastics.
• There should be an ability to duplicate an existing project.
• When copy & pasting items in the software, these items should show up as separate artwork that can have different settings applied to them.
• When changing the status of a piece of artwork to “ignore”, the settings which were applied to that item should not be reset when changing back from ignore to engrave/cut.
I went back and forth with which workbench/table to go with and saw many options used by others on the forum. But I landed on this one from Amazon. It ended up being the perfect height for me to be able to access the work area without having to bend down. It only had one drawer and since I did not intend to use the underside, it was wasted space. But rather than buying a flimsy plastic storage bin, I decided to build in drawers to utilize the most area available. I wanted to be able to store 24” material as it’s the standard size for a lot of material I buy. So each drawer is approximately 24x36 inside dimensions.
Projects made so far:
LED Lit Glasses Stand
My current solution for >1/2” thick material.
Case badge for my drone.