Forum is still not Feeling Well

I just liked it.

But there was a post after you said this was fixed that complained of an extremely long time to wait.

2 Likes

Looks like it only happened when I tried to Like your post - I can still like other posts.

(It’s not a problem anywhere else…something is just a bit out of kilter still.)

2 Likes

Okay, i can’t Like that one either. And again, only your posts. :smile:

(Chrome on Windows 8.1.)

1 Like

Okay, now it’s working! Just dropped a like on it. :sunglasses::+1:

2 Likes

Clearly, you just Like Discourse too much. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Yep. But mine is 201 hours.

That’s better than yesterday when it was so many thousands I’d never like again :smile:

4 Likes

Yeah, I hate to say it, but the wait 201 hours error message has now started popping up frequently when I drop a Like elsewhere (and I drop a lot of Likes).

It’s not stopping me from dropping the Like though if I click it a second time.

3 Likes

I have found the second or third try will allow me to ‘like’ even though I get the ‘wait 199 hours’ message.

2 Likes

I fell for your transparent ploy to get likes. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I’m able to Like that one without problem.

If I understand correctly, notifications are suppressed if you’re actively looking at the topic, so I didn’t get any on this one. But if it helps, I replied via e-mail over here: Can’t cut a tracing. Won’t let me change from engrave and you can try to like that.

1 Like

Yes, that one threw up the error message when I tried to like it.

I had no prob.

Weird.

1 Like

:rofl:

download

6 Likes

Hi … I created the bus … :relaxed:

Well this one was doozie, I optimized performance of our rate limiters earlier this week, during the onslaught I amended the way we grab times to use a more efficient mechanism.

What I forgot to account for was the new way I grabbed time gave us different times on different machines cause we read it direct from the CPU.

You are all load balanced here between 5 or six machines so … well this leads to all this crazy and also explains why liking eventually works.

A fix is in the oven … will be deployed here in the next 30 minutes.

6 Likes

Well I was able to like both of your posts, so keep on keepin’ on! :smile:

3 Likes

Deploy is done … as an added bonus @Jules you get a whole new bunch of likes now cause I had to reset the rate limiter key. :confetti_ball:

6 Likes

Awesome! I use 'em! Thanks guys! :grinning:

3 Likes