Founders ruler - enhanced

If there’s one thing I can’t stand, it’s a ruler with an empty edge! So I combined the English and metric founders rulers into one, and also added a 1/10 scale on the back side. Since the app won’t let you modify or combine designs from the shop, and the numbers are engraved in the same step as the “founder” text, I had to get creative with some aluminum foil to block the text engraving on the first pass. Also required was a cardboard jig and an SVG with a ruler-shaped rectangle used only for placement reference when switching between English and metric designs. I had originally intended a 4th scale as well, but gave up when I realized I’d never use it!!

24 Likes

Nice!

There are custom svg ruler generators out there too if you google around. The founders ruler is mostly a “make sure your machine works” print. I’m sure you can do far better in terms of designing a usable tool! I look forward to seeing what you come up with next.

Yeah, I know it’s simple, it was really just an exercise in alignment. The last thing I need is another ruler, but it’s good practice!

Very creative solution!