Fountain screen

Sooo cool!!

1 Like

That IS crazy! I bought this several years ago at a Farmer’s Market. It’s always a great source of amusement to everyone.

2 Likes

How about a video of the fountain running! (Love Fountains :slight_smile: )

2 Likes

Thank you! …and also to @jamesdhatch

I dunno yet! I have yet to even put any water in it…but will report back when I do. That part of the physics lesson about water and screens was taught when I was out of the room. :grinning:

5 Likes

I’ll try to remember when I test out the new screen with real water!

4 Likes

Whoa! Love how you are incorporating laser into everyday life!

So proud of your design! You are a pro now! :squee:

5 Likes

(and @ jamesdhatch) Filled the fountain. There may have been good reason to make the original screen from metal…if I put too much water in the ‘tire’ the acrylic screen floats! …thus, the large river rock in the middle. Otherwise though, it works just fine.

Water doesn’t splash out…which is very good, because I was wondering the same thing.

Tried uploading a 6 sec. video, but there was an error. Not too proficient in doing things like that, so perhaps later.

13 Likes

I think the rock looks good in there…very natural. :smile:

7 Likes

If you don’t like the rock you can hot glue the acrylic in place…or silicone glue…or tie fishing line through a few holes and then tie the other end to the rock to suspend the rock underneath so it doesn’t show.

3 Likes

All good ideas, but now that it’s there…I kinda like the rock!

9 Likes

i quite like the whole thing, rock included. i love rocks in fountains, haha!

one project i’ve been working on this month is pulling up all the bricks from the path in the side yard and rebuilding a fence. i took some bricks and reused them to build a little platform where my SO put a whiskey barrel pond; he’s going to add guppies today now that the water’s heated.

12 Likes

What a cool water garden! It will be really attractive to cats now that you are adding fish. :laughing:

3 Likes

haha thanks, i brought that point up but was overruled. the fence will cut down on some of the access but mostly i think most of the guppies are gravid so i suspect some will survive.

red in tooth and claw, etc!

2 Likes

The acrylic looks nice, good call. Love the whole thing!

1 Like

The rock is very nice, but when reading your comment I thought of the phrase, “Permanent temporary solution”! I have a lot of those :wink:

3 Likes

Hey…I have a barrel water plant pond, too! Didn’t put any fish in it, though. But, in breeding season, the frogs love it. I have some water hyacinth and some (can’t remember what they’re called) Iris type flowers, too. What is that tall-leafed plant in there?

1 Like

I believe tadpoles eat mosquito larvae. It’s my understanding that, along with fish are neat, is the reason for keeping fish in backyard ponds.

1 Like

yeah, that’s pretty much it (aside from just enjoying fun little fishies, naturally). of course, depending on where you live you could leave fishies in it year round, especially if you add something to keep it from freezing solid.

the tall plant in the back is just a mini cattail; the small lily is the nymphaea ‘sioux’.

it’s funny going to the water garden store here and seeing all these plants, like water hyacinth, that are completely illegal back home because they’re hideously invasive (here they all die too much in the winter to worry all that much in the summer).

5 Likes

Found this in a shop in Fredericksburg, Texas while walking around with my wife today

23 Likes

Hahaha! I’m going to be dreaming about these!

2 Likes