Please delete - no longer relivent

Deleted

12 Likes

Looking forward to seeing how this turns out. So many possibilities.

4 Likes

Please keep posting on this. It is intriguing.

3 Likes

There are others here that defloored theirs as well. Perhaps they can chime in on their experience.

1 Like

My hope :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Deleted

7 Likes

Deleted

7 Likes

I like the sound effects! :laughing:

4 Likes

Iā€™m wondering if the design was changed to deliberately route wires through there to discourage your activities. I donā€™t recall the other de-flooring posts mentioning any issues with wires in the floor.

3 Likes

I agree about the others who have done this.

3 Likes

Deleted

5 Likes

This was an ā€˜earlyā€™ (3+ years old) unit, (tell by the packing slip) i think they actually rerouted the wires in newer units to make that easier, (I havenā€™t looked under my new pro yet to confirm that)
rerouting the wires will be a bit of a challenge, since there is both low voltage and high voltage wires there to deal with.

1 Like

If you make some aluminum flashing walls that fit in the hole facing down, even a line of scrap behind if you get paranoid. If you can hide the wires behind that it will ā€œrerouteā€ without rerouting.

That is where the aluminum comes in. you could have the aluminum double back even to go under the wires. If the laser hits tape that hits wires and you have a problem If it hits aluminum flashing (way thicker than foil but tenths of a millimeterish) there is no effect and the wires could be much closer to the edge (even nosing in front of it) earlier I thought you were not going that far back due to the wires, HD or Lowes will have aluminum and steel flashing, but the steel is a bit harder to bend.

2 Likes

Deleted

1 Like

Wow, you are a very VERY brave man :scream:

1 Like

Deleted

1 Like

Just to even attempt this is very brave, no?
Especially that you risked your cat being rendered sterilešŸ˜œ

2 Likes

Deleted

9 Likes

:rofl::rofl:

1 Like