Free Art / Book Stand - Personal Use

Wow i can’t believe its not pvc! Now you got my head turning, using these for cosplay!

1 Like

www.etsy.com/shop/sunspotemporium

8 Likes

Thank you for the beautiful design!

1 Like

Thanks for the design … made a modification to use on my favorite material (Home Depot cheap plywood cut into 12" x 12" pieces). Tightened up the slots for a tight fit on the .1.05" thick sheets. The 12 x 12 piece works out to be about $0.35 each. Great to experiment with and cuts easily.

Now working with stains to embellish the effect.

:glowforge::sunglasses:

5 Likes

Lovely stand! Thank you for sharing your work.

1 Like

Pictures when you’re done!!

Thank you for the design. Thinking of using it for table names at an event. Made a somewhat parametric version of it in Fusion 360: Fusion so that I could shrink it down to 50%, but still have the same material thickness.

17 Likes

Here’s the 0.5 scale svg:

easel

24 Likes

Oh that will come in handy…fishing tournament coming up.

1 Like

What a lovely and sleek stand. Thank you for sharing the design!

1 Like

My infant son had a post-op followup visit with the neurosurgeon this morning, and my wife suggested last night I make him a laser tile as a thank you gift. I did. And then she said it would be nice if we had a little stand for it. Your design to the quick rescue! I had to scale it down for the 4 inch tile, while keeping the notches/ slots at 1/8 inch in width, but it came out ok.

30 Likes

Oh that could be great for business cards too!

3 Likes

Your baby is ridiculously cute! Glad I could help!

3 Likes

Incredible, I was actually going to make something similar for a sign I made, but you’ve saved me some time! Thank you so much!

1 Like

Thanks

1 Like

ArtStandSwirls

I made another version with some cutouts. Because I apparently can’t stop tweaking things haha. I have NOT tested this yet since I’m out of materials … two shipments of proof grade coming monday so I have to sit on my hands until then.

34 Likes

Modified with cutouts and willow branch silhouette inclusions

Thanks for the original - Love it!!

14 Likes

Tried using this to make some stands for my wife but it won’t let me cut, just engrave. Says its not able to cut bitmap files. However I am actually using an SVG. Any Ideas?

1 Like

Did you right-click and do a “Save As” SVG file on the picture of the stand above? Sounds like it was saved as a bmp/jpg/png. I know this one works because I used it last month.

2 Likes

This is beautiful, thank you for sharing! I’ve been meaning to design something forever to show off the book I bought for my wife as a wedding present: a textbook on indo-european linguistics previously owned (and signed) by J.R.R. Tolkien. This will get me started nicely :smiley:

4 Likes