Free Art / Book Stand

Thank you for the beautiful design!

Thanks for the design … made a modification to use on my favorite material (Home Depot cheap plywood cut into 12" x 12" pieces). Tightened up the slots for a tight fit on the .1.05" thick sheets. The 12 x 12 piece works out to be about $0.35 each. Great to experiment with and cuts easily.

Now working with stains to embellish the effect.

:glowforge::sunglasses:

Lovely stand! Thank you for sharing your work.

Pictures when you’re done!!

Thank you for the design. Thinking of using it for table names at an event. Made a somewhat parametric version of it in Fusion 360: https://a360.co/2pJ4ca9 so that I could shrink it down to 50%, but still have the same material thickness.

Here’s the 0.5 scale svg:

easel

Oh that will come in handy…fishing tournament coming up.

What a lovely and sleek stand. Thank you for sharing the design!

My infant son had a post-op followup visit with the neurosurgeon this morning, and my wife suggested last night I make him a laser tile as a thank you gift. I did. And then she said it would be nice if we had a little stand for it. Your design to the quick rescue! I had to scale it down for the 4 inch tile, while keeping the notches/ slots at 1/8 inch in width, but it came out ok.

Oh that could be great for business cards too!

Your baby is ridiculously cute! Glad I could help!

Incredible, I was actually going to make something similar for a sign I made, but you’ve saved me some time! Thank you so much!

Thanks

ArtStandSwirls

I made another version with some cutouts. Because I apparently can’t stop tweaking things haha. I have NOT tested this yet since I’m out of materials … two shipments of proof grade coming monday so I have to sit on my hands until then.

Ceramic Tile Mania!

Modified with cutouts and willow branch silhouette inclusions

Thanks for the original - Love it!!

Tried using this to make some stands for my wife but it won’t let me cut, just engrave. Says its not able to cut bitmap files. However I am actually using an SVG. Any Ideas?

Did you right-click and do a “Save As” SVG file on the picture of the stand above? Sounds like it was saved as a bmp/jpg/png. I know this one works because I used it last month.

This is beautiful, thank you for sharing! I’ve been meaning to design something forever to show off the book I bought for my wife as a wedding present: a textbook on indo-european linguistics previously owned (and signed) by J.R.R. Tolkien. This will get me started nicely :smiley:

Great design