Free Art / Book Stand - Personal Use

I was trying to save it on my tablet… lol thank you

2 Likes

Here’s the thread with the file @angelaleechen :grinning:

2 Likes

Thank you! I just made my son the Marvel calendar and he requested a stand.

2 Likes

So generous to share… and all the variations are educational! Just got my GF 3 weeks ago… Thanks!!

3 Likes

You are going to love the Glowforge … but this community is absolutely amazing! Welcome!

1 Like

Hi,
I don’t see a link to download the design.
Thank you.

Right click on the design, select Save As…

7 Likes

I know this is an old thread, but I actually buy these in 2" tall plastic for use with stuff I sell as an add on.

I wondered if I could alter this to make them smaller. The ones I buy are 2 inches tall so I would need to make the slots larger I think?

Also, is that allowed or are we not supposed to use these for businesses?

It’s in the forum description pinned to the top of this forum, as well as the terms of use for the forum in general:

By using a creative work posted by another forum member, you agree not to share that work or your modifications outside this forum, or to use the work or your modifications for any commercial purposes. You also agree that you will share physical objects made from these works with others only as long as there is no direct or indirect compensation, financial or otherwise, in exchange.

My bad, very sorry.
I would never use anything that wasn’t mine for profit without permission.
I won’t say I’m new and didn’t know because that is no excuse for not reading the pinned post.
Thank you for pointing that out to this lazy guy :confused:

5 Likes

No worries, many people just use the ‘latest posts’ link to browse the forum, and overlook them! My post is to ‘spread the word’, not chastise you!

3 Likes

Hey I don’t mind helping a newbie out! So it’s for free here for personal use like said above, but I do have it for sale for commercial use on my Etsy. I haven’t posted the link before because I honestly wasn’t sure if it was allowed. If you’d like a link you can message me.

2 Likes

It’s okay to post your link, particularly if someone is looking for something you have available! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Well alrighty then!!

Comes with unlimited commercial use for the physical item.

4 Likes

I appreciate it. But as I said it’s too big.
I also realized, even if I made it smaller, it can’t be adjusted, so I couldn’t use it.
The plastic ones I been buying have a tab that the legs can be adjusted for different widths.
It’s a good design, but won’t work for me :frowning:
Too bad because for a couple of bucks I could make unlimited quantities.
Thanks anyway.

1 Like

There are other users that have made a 2 inch version but I don’t know how we’d get around the adjusting for different widths thing. Can I see a pic of what you have been using?

1 Like

Never mind I think I got it.
The stem plugs in to the little nub on the left leg (facing the image). There’s 3 holes so you can adjust the legs closer or further depending on the width of the bottom of whatever you want to display. Then you can cut off the excess if you want.
This is essential or some of my pieces fall out the bottom of they’re too far apart. And for bigger pieces, it’s too tipy if the legs are too close together.
These aren’t expensive at all but it would be nice to be able to make something. And also more artsy than this cheap plastic.

2 Likes

I’ve seen some stands done with a living hinge, making it adjustable in width. Some have a crosspiece that can be customized to hold the stand open at a specific angle. Couldn’t find the exact one I’m thinking of but it’s something like this:

1 Like

That looks pretty cool.
But explaining it as an add on might be more effort than it’s worth.
I like it, but maybe not for this application.
Thank you :slight_smile:

No problem. Hope you find something suitable.

1 Like