Free File Friday - Simple little Clam Shell Hinged Box

Adding my voice to the gratitude chorus. We call need more sea shells in our lives while we are away from the sea. Thanks so much.

6 Likes

Awesome! thinking seaglass green acrylic but more texture and rounded.

3 Likes

Aha! I just finished cutting this out of the clear blue and found that I do have some med. glass greenā€¦woohoo!

(out of the clear blue what? Sky? Ha ha)

6 Likes

I have some glass green ā€¦ Iā€™ll try to get my work done and hopefully be able to try it outā€¦that would be a pretty present for my mom to put the earrings in I had started cutting out for her.

Thank you @designvh619!

3 Likes

please show!! Iā€™d like to see the clear blue and it sounds like you will get the green glass cut before I doā€¦please!

3 Likes

What the shell! Great project!

5 Likes

Still have to glue the blueā€¦ :joy:

I engraved it for my daughter and will post a photo when itā€™s finished.

3 Likes

Cannot wait to see it!

2 Likes

What a sweet box! Thank you for sharing your file!

2 Likes

Hereā€™s the clear blue shell box. I engraved the bottom of it and am going to give it to our daughter on her birthday tomorrow. Gluing the layers was a challengeā€¦keeping the glue from being obvious. I didnā€™t have enough ambition to use Weld On which would have looked better. Though the blue is pretty, making it out of wood would be less labor intensive and less prone to seeing mistakes. I did re-do the kerf for the little rectangle holes for the hinge piecesā€¦but made them snap-tight so I didnā€™t have to glue them. I also added one extra layer to deepen the box.
HAD to add a bit of extra bling to the lid. I think a black acrylic one would be really neat, too.

I like it a lotā€¦thank you so much again for the file!

23 Likes

@Xabbess That looks Freaking awesome, Victor thank you for sharing your time & energy.

7 Likes

Wow, looks great! Glass green would look cool as well.

5 Likes

Love it in clear blue and with the bling!

4 Likes

Beautiful! :heart_eyes: begs for mirror and makeup and a M ermaid costume to go with it

4 Likes

That looks amazing! I love seeing the amazing variations to my ideas come to life! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Yesā€¦that was my very first thought, too. I had already started this one when I realized that I did have 1/8" GGā€¦which will doubtless be my next choice.

4 Likes

SQUEEEEEE!

4 Likes

Wow that turned out great. Really nice material selection.

4 Likes

Did this one as promised for my MILā€¦ in PG basswood ply.

14 Likes

Looks Great!!! Love the engrave!

2 Likes