Fridge magnet replacement for Kenmore logo

Our kenmore fridge has been a lemon from the start, so it brought me great joy to replace the advertisement sticker with a lasered piece of wood now that the warranty is over.

Unrelated but work gave us the gift of poorly laser engraver phone charging discs…

40 Likes

Haha, love the label replacement! Too bad, I have a Sears fridge here in my downstairs bar that has to be 35 years old - and sucks energy like it always had.
Cool engraving job. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Did the wood come on the charging dics? I’m looking at the cheap free one I have now and I think that your bamboo thickness is thicker than my entire charger and I’m not sure it would charge through the wood…thinking about a veneer cover now that I’ve seen yours.

It did come with the disc, but this one the bamboo disc was ~ 4mm thick and you could pop it off. The other faux wood one I have from aliexpress I might make another charge encased version, since I am terrible at lining up the sweet spot. I need to charge the phone and battery case separately as the plug in doesn’t work on the case anymore. Wheee.

2 Likes

I’m sensing a theme…

4 Likes

Hehe

2 Likes

Fun! Love the Princess Leia. Good to know it charges through the wood.

2 Likes

All awesome!!! Love the charging disks!!!

1 Like

I feel the urges. I am about to go into my 3erd or 4th fridge in the kitchen because the plastic shelving and drawers are taking a beating. The one shelf we replaced gave us an idea of the money sink replacing them all would be.
The fridge that was replaced several decades ago was put on the back porch for outside drinks and freezer pops etc, (although it does get the occasional overflow as well).
It make odd noises now and again but it still keeps things cold (on the actual metal shelving).

3 Likes

Not quite sure what you mean there…

1 Like

Check out the GE line of fridges. I replaced a Samsung that the ice maker kept breaking on with a GE and I love it.

1 Like

Typo. Oops. Engraved. You could barely read the company logo. It was taunting me with the shallow engrave to make it better. :slight_smile:

Which ge fridge did you get?

@brokendrum this one freezes the conduit from the ice maker to the fridge and needs to be thawed out completely too often.

Mahalo @designvh619 and @MakerMatthew not my designs but an upgrade nonetheless. :slight_smile:

@ChristyM gotta love grogu!

2 Likes

Profile 27.9 cu. ft. Smart 4-Door French Door Refrigerator with Door in Door in Fingerprint Resistant Stainless Steel

Couple of reasons. 1 - it is built in the USA, Kentucky I believe. I’m sure not all (or any) of the components are. The upper level of GE refrigerators got really good reviews. The repair tech on my old one said don’t buy Samsung, LG, or Maytag. He said pretty much any are crap shoots nowadays.

I also got the extended warranty ($395/5 year). Got it at the Home Depot, and the reason I got it (I don’t normally, except on my macs/iPads/iPhones/Apple Watches) is because the warranty rebates 1/2 the price of the filter, so I think I get 4 filters under the coverage, about $100. Plus if I don’t need to make any claims, I get 30% of the plan cost back. HD has one of the best extended warranties I have seen. And the 5 years kicks in AFTER the mfr’s warranty ends.

2 Likes

You have convinced me! Our repair guy said that there are less issues with the side-by-side refrigerator/freezer French door style here because of the humidity. I will look into the top GE on consumers (when there are more fridge funds) and retire old unreliable to the garage.

1 Like

:+1::blush:! I noticed in the small print that some features of the extended warranty aren’t available in all stores. Check before you commit that you get the features you want.

1 Like

I love a good logoectomy!

2 Likes

I hate logos on my things. I haven’t attacked my car yet though. I will one day.

2 Likes